5.11.11

Journal 2. Piece number One

Take 2 | Piece no. One | 24th of October

Sandy Chang joined forces with me!

It was yet another extremely sunny day of the fall in Vancouver and my awesome amigo Sandy Chang joined me in the trek around the streets of Vancouver this day.

Our location : Cambie & Broadway St., right opposite the Starbucks next to the Canada Line stn.
The set-up : One person holding the camera, another holding up a sign, and both interview people.
I must say again, I really enjoy working in teams.
The response from people this day was amazing. 10 people interviewed in 2 hours was worth a shot.
The best part : we just had to stand in a spot and be ourselves, holding a tiny sign in hand that explained who we are and what we do in a couple words, and watched as people geared towards us. It was really exhilarating watching people get excited too about this project.

One thing I learned was that getting people engaged didn't have to be so planned out and hard to do. I find that people engage the most with my performances, art, and myself in general when I allow them to see the passion I have in what I do, which shows me in a bit of a vulnerable and approachable state. No, it's not really about being nice and all charming like that girl next door (hah)... it's more about the passion and truth behind what one does.

No comments:

Post a Comment